Lean Six Sigma (LSS) Green Belt training develops individuals into team leaders and problem-solvers who can regularly improve processes within their local areas and functions.
Following the disciplined DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control) roadmap, participant learn to collect and analyze performance data, identify inefficiencies and problems, identify the root causes of those problems and institute new measures to greatly improve processes. They learn to apply Lean Principles and tools in conjunction with the Six Sigma rigor and methodology to achieve rapid and significant improvements. They also obtain skills in leading teams through the process of change.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply such Lean concepts as 5S, waste reduction, mistake proofing and value stream mapping.
- Define, scope and execute DMAIC projects and Kaizen events.
- Conduct basic statistical analyses to determine the relationship between key inputs and process outputs.
- Apply DMAIC to solve business issues and transition projects from phase to phase.
- Effectively manage team dynamics and understand how to work with leadership.
- Close projects and hand control over to process owners.
- Present projects to instructors, peers and management.
Who is it meant for: This certification is useful to anyone in the role of Individual Contributor, Department Managers, Project Leaders, Senior Officers etc across any function/business and industry with the expectation of being assigned responsibility to implement Six Sigma in a business unit.
Learning Methodology – The classroom version of LSS Black Belt transfers needed knowledge and skills to participants via interactive lecture, group exercises, process and tool simulations, individual exercises and the application of learning to a real improvement project in the workplace.
Course Length: 6 days (two 3-day blocks over 2-month time frame) 48 hours of instruction
Certification Requirement: After completion of the 6 days of Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training, participant must pass a comprehensive written examination and complete at least one green belt level project.